February 2, 2017
At Aveda Institutes Boise and Twin Falls, we offer financial aid to students who qualify. Financial aid is, by far, one of the most common worries our potential students have. We’re here to make sure you get your questions answered to the best of our abilities. We don’t want anything to hold our students back from becoming the well-educated beauty professionals that we know they can be.
What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid helps students pay for school. Sometimes you have to pay aid back, and sometimes you don’t. It can come in several ways. For more information on the types of aid, check out the FAFSA website.
- Federal Grants
- Federal Loans
- State Aid
- Scholarships Military
By definition, loans usually have to be paid back. The timeframe in which they need to be repaid will vary. Grants and scholarships don’t have to be paid back. If you are interested in veteran’s aid, please contact us right away for more information!
How Do I Apply?
Submit the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) to find out what you qualify for. Here’s what you’ll need to complete your application.
- An FSA ID. To get this, check out this resource.
- Social Security Number (SSN).
- Your driver’s license.
- Federal tax information. If you are a dependent, you will need your parent’s tax info.
- Any other info on income of any kind.
Who Should Apply?
The short answer is everyone! All students should apply for financial aid to see what they qualify for. Not everyone will qualify, but you could be missing out on aid if you don’t explore all of your options. You can apply whether or not you are a dependent. Here’s the basic eligibility criteria as per the federal aid website.
- Demonstrates need for aid.
- Is a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
- Has a valid SSN.
- Is registered for the Selective Service (if male).
- Is enrolled in an eligible degree or certification program as a regular student.
- Is maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Has signed the certification statement for FAFSA.
- Can show qualifications allowing for education by career school or college.
Have More Questions?
If you still have more questions about financial aid, please, contact us via our site or call us! Our staff is here to help you find the right solution to any financial concern. We hope to see you soon!