Job Title: Cosmetology Instructor
Location: Aveda Institute Boise (Boise, Idaho)
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Professional development assistance, Retirement plan
Schedule: 8-hour shift
- Active Cosmetology Instructor license required
- Salon industry experience a plus
- Previous teaching experience at a Cosmetology School a plus, but not required
- Previous experience with products/services/curriculum a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Leadership and role model capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain composure and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Polished, professional image
- Must be able to reliably commute or relocate to Boise, ID before starting work (Required)
Job Description: We are seeking a knowledgeable and trainable Cosmetology Instructor to join our team as our student body continues to grow. As a Cosmetology Instructor, your role is pivotal in helping our students succeed. We prefer candidates with salon experience, an active Cosmetology Instructor License is required.
- Uphold the School’s Mission and Values.
- Assist each student in understanding and applying technical and theoretical information according to their learning process.
- Coach and mentor students on attendance, personal development, professional development, program retention, business goals, and other personal and educational challenges.
- Ensure guest servicing aligns with educational standards and maintains guest satisfaction.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment for our students. • Stay current with established standards for student performance and enforce student conduct and behavior.
- Maintain students’ records as required.
- Continuously improve teaching skills through ongoing professional development.
Please note that this is a standing-only position. The above job responsibilities provide a general overview of the role and are not exhaustive. The employer reserves the right to modify job duties at its discretion.
If you meet the qualifications and are enthusiastic about contributing to the success of our students, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To Apply: Please send your resume, detailing your qualifications and interest in the Cosmetology Instructor position, to Tina@avedaidaho.com. In the subject line of your email, please mention “Cosmetology Instructor Application (Boise) – [Your Full Name]”.