December 9, 2016
The struggle of keeping a fresh manicure, well, fresh is difficult. You’ve probably tried the cool setting on the hair dryer, waving your hands wildly about, and keeping the “finger splay” position for a few minutes (sometimes hours) until the polish isn’t so fragile. These methods of polish-drying have been tried and tested for years, and they may or may not work for you, but in any case, you should try these nail drying tips to see if you can find the best way to get on with your day.
Option 1: Ice, Ice, Mani
- Prepare a bowl of cold water and ice before your manicure.
- Paint your nails with a few light coats.
- Let your mani dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Submerge your fingertips into the ice water.
- Let your hands sit in the water for 3-5 minutes.
- Viola! Dry polish. Eat, drink, and be mani-ed!
Option 2: Oil Slick
- Find your favorite cooking spray.
- Lightly coat your nails in a polish of your choice.
- Spray your nails from about 6 inches away over a sink.
- The top layer of polish is dry and your cuticles are moisturized.
Option 3: Chill Out
- Put your favorite polish in the fridge 10 minutes before you paint.
- Cool polish will dry faster.
- Done! Your nails are dry and you’re feeling cool.
Do you have a favorite way to dry your nail polish? What is it? Share with us in the comments below! If you’re interested in getting your nails done, check out our student salon.
For more awesome beauty tips like this, make sure to like our Facebook page!